Do you have manufacturing experience, and are you seeking a new job in Oldham? Deerfoot IT Recruitment is helping a semiconductor company find an Automation Engineer, and the full-time role comes with an excellent salary and benefits package.
As an Automation Engineer, you will provide solutions to eliminate errors and identify opportunities to drive increases in productivity and yield while driving down human error.
In your first few weeks in this Factory Automation Engineer role, you can expect to:
- Develop, maintain, enhance and support existing equipment interfaces for SECS/GEM and non-SECSGEM fab tools
- Support and resolve all issues related to tool automation
- Support a continual improvement programme, working closely with CI (Production) and Process engineering groups
- Characterise new tools based on requirements provided by equipment and process groups
- Interface with PROMIS (MES) to automate transactions, and track in/out and equipment status updates.
To apply for this Factory Automation Engineer role, you will need GCSEs in Maths and English and an NVQ in Business or other relevant qualifications. You will also require the following:
- A Computer Science degree and ILM Level 2
- Minimum 12 months of working within a Manufacturing environment
- Understanding of SECS/GEM communication
- MySQl / Postgres server development
- VB / C# application development and object-oriented programming.
As a vital member of the team and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach and commitment, you'll receive a favourable salary and the chance to join a passionate and welcoming team.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with the Deerfoot IT Recruitment team today to apply for this full-time Automation Engineer position in Oldham. We're looking forward to meeting you.
Deerfoot IT Resources Ltd is one of the UK’s leading IT Recruitment Agencies, trusted by many of the UK’s leading employers. Established in 1997, we have over 25 years of experience as IT Recruitment Specialists. We will never send your CV anywhere without your authorisation and only after you have seen the complete details of this opportunity. Deerfoot is acting as an employment agency for permanent hires and an employment business for contingency hires. Each time Deerfoot sends a CV to a recruiting client, we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (1070906). Deerfoot is also climate-positive in partnership with Ecologi.