Deerfoot IT Recruitment is looking for an experienced and collaborative Lead Java SDET to join our client's inclusive and welcoming team. This full-time Lead SDET role is based in London and comes with an attractive and excellent benefits package.
As a Lead Java SDET, you will oversee testing resources on a small, highly focused team responsible for delivering highly scalable and robust services within the company's platform. You will ensure appropriate and efficient testing strategies are applied in your areas of responsibility, focusing on shift-left testing principles.
In your first few weeks in this Lead Java SDET role, you can expect to:
- Manage performance assessments and hiring for a small team of SDETs
- Guide the team's' testing and automation strategies
- Define and organise the team's test planning for releases
- Design and code automation frameworks, tests, and tools
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
To apply for this Java SDET role, you will need at least 8 years of test development experience and 2 years of directing a small team. You will also require the following:
- A good understanding of the Java language and object-oriented principles
- Expertise in applying test practices in an agile environment
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Familiarity with testing backend systems or APIs
- Knowledge of testing performance with JMeter or similar tools
As a vital member of the team and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach and commitment, our client will provide an excellent salary and the chance to join a passionate and welcoming team.